You want a happy relationship, we all do! But little things you do, some of which are unintentional may be damaging to your relationship.
Here are some of the things you do to ruin your relationship:
1. YOU ARE TOO BUSY TO LISTEN: If he senses you’re too busy for, or not open to, hearing his desires, he’ll stay mum-and miserable. A miserable and unhappy man will not make you happy either.
2. YOU DO NOT SHOW APPRECIATION: Not just women, men also want to be appreciated. “Saying ‘I appreciate all that you do for me’ is so easy, but lack of appreciation leads to resentment in your relationship.
3. YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT HIM NOT SHOWING YOU AFFECTION: Men rarely verbalize their feelings. They prefer to buy you gifts, take you out, cook up surprises etc. While you may not get the long conversation you crave, don’t overlook these expressions of love.
4. COMPARING YOUR MAN WITH YOUR EX: There are surely going to be times you will get on eachother’s nerves. Focus on your spouse’s top attributes, which likely outnumber old what’s-his-name’s, and communicate problems instead of making comparisons.
5. YOU COMMUNICATE WITH SARCASM: He doesn’t learn your genuine feelings when you don’t communicate them clearly, says Goldstein.
6: YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT WANT THE RELATIONSHIP TO WORK: A relationship takes two to work. A one-sided effort can’t improve a problem-plagued relationship, talk to your partner and get help if need be.
7. YOU DON’T CONNECT: Text him at work, send a goodnight message, call him first. This will keep you in his mind always. Communication is the key to a happy relationship.
8. YOU IGNORE HIS PERSPECTIVE ON ISSUES: We get stuck in the offense-defense trap when we don’t take time to understand our partner’s feelings. You don’t have to agree, but you do need to understand his point of view.